Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Still Harvesting, September 30, 2009

I was going to hold off another harvest until tomorrow, just before I would walk to the Cherry Street Food Bank, but noticed a few tomatoes had fallen, perhaps because the wind had been whipping around yesterday.

We pulled a couple of pounds each from both locations but I'll hold off waiting until tomorrow, since I think I can let the green go until the morning; the wind doesn't seem to bother them but the extra half-day might make a little difference in their freshness. The lettuce at the Court and the parsley at the Tower look magnificent! Unfortunately the aphids (or some suchlike) are chowing down pretty hard on the chard. I'll try to knock 'm off with the sprayer tomorrow but I don't see how that could really discourage them much.

No comments:

Post a Comment